|Moving Company||Auto Moving Companies||International Movers||self Storage||U-Load Movers Drive||Truck Rental|
Before you decide to hire out the services of a self-storage company, there is some amount of research work which you need to do in order to get the best deal. Here are some of the issues which you need to look into:
• There are some very attractive deals which are usually offered by these companies. The discounts apply to both short and long term storage. Some offer first three months free storage, while some offer good rebates if you store things more than a year.
• Talk to several companies before you finalize any deal, so that you get to see the market rates yourself.
• Check out whether the company is registered with Better Business Bureau, to see the company credentials as well as their past record of dealing with customer complaints, etc.
• Check the security arrangements of the storage facility. These days, modern storage units are equipped with the latest security gadgets like 24-hour CCTV, camera surveillance over and above the physical existence of security guards.
• Check out the locality of the storage facility. It should not be so far away that it becomes a problem commuting to and from the facility, in times of need. The facility should have easy accessibility.
• There are many storage companies who offer free pick up of your goods from your home to the storage unit. Ask for such facility, as part of the package.
• You should also check on the maintenance records of the storage facility. It should not be termite and pest infested, so that your goods get completely ruined, especially if they are wooden furniture, carpets, etc.
• Check on the space provided. Think, whether you can do with a smaller space, since bigger areas are expensive. Also storage facilities which are located in the middle of the town will invariably be more expensive, because of the convenience of location as well as the price of real estate within city limits is always more expensive than those located outside.
© MovingCompanyUS.com 2011